Friday, July 16, 2010

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do

So, I came home today from work, to my girl tank-topped and pantless! Rockin' the diaper! She was SO excited to see me, and it was the greatest feeling ever seeing her pretty much jumping out of Emily's arms and into mine!
I'm sure she had a fun-filled day with Emily though! She took Alexis to the sidewalk sale that's downtown this week. She got her a pink balloon animal that was a cat and a green balloon that was attached to her stroller! What a good babysitter! I thought it was cute!

Although it was my 2nd day of work, it was Alexis' first full day with Emily, since yesterday Emily was sick and only picked her up at 2pm from my Mom's house. I felt better about going to work yesterday than I thought I would, just because I knew she was with my Dad most of the day, and my Dad is her favorite person in the entire world (other than me, of course!!)


I can't tell you how much it sucks when someone else watches your baby. Schedules get thrown off, she doesn't eat nearly as much, or sleep, and everything just seems to get out of wack. It sucks to come home from a long ass day at work, to a cranky baby. I don't know how mom's do this. And to make matters worse, coming home and realizing you only have 2 and a half hours to spend time with your little love before she goes to bed. It definitely isn't the greatest thing I've ever had to deal with, but like I always say, ya gotta do what ya gotta do, and this is something that I gotta do. I just need to realize I am doing it for her, and to shut myself up and stop bitching about it. Ahh, Bleh.

We didn't get to do much in our 2 hours before bath time. But she had some fun, climbing into the windowsill in her bedroom from the boys bed, and back onto the bed, over and over and over again, as if someone was timing her on how fast she could do it!

And then decided to just bounce! Her way of jumping on the bed, is on her knees...and well, they don't exactly get in the air, but I still call it jumping...and she just has a grand ol' time!


I already have 2 days off of work, for the weekend! I am more happy about this than I think anyone could imagine!! 2 normal days with my babe, just me and her!!
Not sure what's in store for us yet, but I'm sure something fun is waiting for us!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Where are the spaghetti pictures?? :)

Kathy1898 said...

Some moms go days without seeing their little ones...isn't it a sad world??
But it's also expensive world, so you really do gotta do what ya gotta do!!

Soak it up...being away from them makes you realize how much you truly miss them, and how much they miss you.