Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Sidewalk Sale

Despite waking up with a crappy headache, and it staying with me all day, I got myself up and took Alexis to the sidewalk sale this morning.

When I was a teenager, the sidewalk sale was the best thing the summer offered to us Trenton folk. My friends and I would go down there 3 days straight and hang out there all day till the whole thing was over. It was awesome! And every year since then, I find myself still looking forward to it, even though it's not as close to being as great as it was.



It's where everyone in our small town goes at the same time. Alexis really likes to look at all the people and watch everyone and see other kids walking by, who always comment on how cute she is! Today she got at least 6 Oh my God, she's so cute! comments and I always smile my I'm such a proud Mommy smile, and think I know!

Alexis and I watched the finals for Trenton Idol. Haha, I know, sounds lame, but these people were actually good! I especially loved the kids who sang! As soon as we got there, one little girl sang Alexis' song! Tomorrow from the movie Annie! She just loves the song because I sing it to her constantly. When Alexis heard the song, she looked at me and was so confused because I wasn't singing...so cute!

We had a day, just her and I! Where we shared a Sausage and a Snow Cone!

Listened to random people sing for the title of becoming Trenton Idol, while sitting in the middle of the street! There's something great about sitting in the middle of the street where cars are usually rushing by or stopped in traffic, and for some reason, I enjoyed it.


Alexis liked it too, me thinks! She was just a chillin'!


My Daddy is my favorite person in the world! And he just happens to be Alexis' favorite too! (Pretty sure I mentioned that in a previous post) Without him, life would just not go on. And so today when I saw this shirt, I had to scoop it up for Alexis even though it wont fit for a while. I just thought it was perfect!


Well, I'm hoping I can sleep this headache off, because it has been lingering with me all effing day, and well...that's just lame. Tomorrow is a new day and it shall bring us new adventures!
Cheers to Pretty little smiles!



Nite nite! XoXo

No comments: