Wednesday, July 14, 2010

twas the the night before....work...

It was the very last day of life as I know it, and things are all going to change again. Ugh. Work. 9 months ago, if you were to ask me if I was going back to work again, the answer would have been No. I was told that I could be a stay at home Mom. But, things change and people change their minds, and reality sinks in, and you realize there's just no way that you can't live your life like you imagined. So, work it is, and it all starts tomorrow. Yuck.

My babysitter is my cousin, Emily. I used to babysit her and her sister when they were young and I was 15. Emily is a really great girl, and I trust her. Although, Alexis and Emily have only had 2 play dates. One, where we were at my house, and I was there, and two, Emily took her to the park for a half an hour, without me. The 2nd date went well, without me..but she was at the park, and the park is her favorite place! She could be pushed on the swing by a drunk homeless man, and she would probably not care...well, maybe she would...who knows?!

I am extremely worried though, that once I leave the house and she notices I'm not there, that she will cry for me. God knows, she's done it before with her Daddy and apparently cried for 4 hours till I got home. Yep. But lets hope that Emily has a little more patience than her daddy does. I'm sure it'll all be fine...but I can't help but wish that I never had to worry, that I never had to leave her and go back to work. That it could always always always just be Alexis and I, no matter what!
As it is, I am her Mommy. She is a Mommy's Girl through and through and I love love love that she is!

Bleh. Work. Sucks. Ass.

Today I was able to get away from all this house work and crap that I had to finish up before I go off to war and leave my baby, and we went to the park with Maryanne and Shannon and their babies, Alyssa and Julien. I was happy that we got out and felt normal again. As much as I know that Alexis loves the park more than anything, I don't take her there often. I suppose it's not as much fun without people to go with, and me hanging out with friends happens few and far between. But Alexis loved it! She was pretty cranky because the dog woke her up early from her nap, but as soon as she got in that swing, my little crank pot was gone, and my happy little love was back!





Don't those little toesies just scream happiness? Oh my, how I love tiny toes!


One thing that I love most about Trenton, is the airplanes flying over my house all day every day. When I lived in Ottawa, it's something I missed a lot. What a weird thing to miss, I know. Alexis also loves the airplanes. Every time they fly over, she can hear them and she always looks at the window, and when we're outside and sees one, she is so excited. Feet dancing and everything! Today the F18's were doing some runs. Alexis had no idea what to think at first when she saw them. Because ya know, they are so much faster and louder than a regular plane. But after seeing them like 80 times fly by, her little excited feeties were going and she was all in her glory. Maybe one day she'll be a pilot?

Tomorrow is a big day...I'm sure just missing Alexis and wondering what she's doing all day will be exhausting all in itself, I can't even imagine how working is actually going to be like. Tiring, more than likely. Lame.
Nite nite.
xoxo


Those eyes are just....love love love !!!!

No comments: