Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Birthday Parties and Baby Goodness!

Tomorrow, Alexis has her first birthday! I am excited and yet, very sad to see her baby days go, and her little girl days begin. Today, I tried to soak in all her baby goodness! Tried to soak in all the minutes counting down to turning the age of one. I remembered this day last year and how I was laid out in a hospital bed all day, visited by so many friends and family, awaiting the beginning of such a beautiful life! I almost wish I could do it all over again, just so when I did it a second time around, I wouldn't wish away her baby days, despite them being cranky and hard. I would make sure to soak in all her baby goodness each and every day, and I am sure I've done that from the beginning, but I find that as she gets older, the more I can't get enough of her!!



But who couldn't get enough of that pretty face?

With her first birthday, comes her first birthday party!! Friends and family have been invited to our house to celebrate with us! It was supposed to be an outside event, with a kiddie pool for all our kidlet friends, and for this, I was super excited because Alexis' favorite thing in the world is water! Bath time or pool time, she looooooves it!!! But it is supposed to be the HOTTEST day of the summer so far this year, and people think an inside party with air conditioning will be better. Fitting many people in my huge kitchen wont be a hard task I don't think. But we'll see.

I think I am more excited for her birthday party than any birthday or christmas I ever had as a child. I can't wait to see the presents she will get and what new toys we will get to play with and experience! I got her a few things that I am excited for her to play with! A Learning Farm! Some legos that she wont have any idea what to do with till later on....lol a little doll, and some cool bongos! Matt got her a blow up ball pit that she is going to love! Although I can just see it now....balls EVERYWHERE....Oh yay!

My Mom watched Alexis today so that I could go and see Eclipse. The new Twilight movie. It was the 2nd time in 6 months that I have been away from her. I always find it strange when I realize she isn't with me, and wonder what she's doing and if she is still happy. But my Mom said she was happy that whole time I was gone, and just explored her house the whole time!!



Alexis has finally started walking around the house with her walker! It's when I see things like this, that I realize how much she has grown up already and I feel like I am going to miss something new if I look away for a few minutes.

And tomorrow she will be a year old! Frig, the time goes by faster than I ever thought it would...and it scares me. Before I know it, she will be 15 and telling me how much she hates me. I really hope that never happens though!

No comments: