Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Bedroom swaps!

Before Alexis had her own room, separate from mine, she went from her bassinet to her pack and play. Her first three months, she slept in the bassinet and then from 3-6 months in the pack and play. She never had a crib until she was 6 months old, otherwise I am sure she would have slept in her own room before she hit 6 months.




Alexis has 2 big brothers. Not my babies of course. They are sons of her Daddy. They come to stay with us when Daddy is home off the road, every other week. They just love Alexis and she loves them!



(picture when Alexis was 9 months old)

She has to share her room with the boys. It sucks that she always has *half* of her room.

She went from this:

and this:


And recently I was able to change that! It took a lot of hard work and a lot of my Dad coming over to help me out with the big things. But it was SO worth every second of a whole week of work!
And now has this!:

and this:

and this:


I am super happy that I was able to give her my room, so that she can play with all her toys and read all her book and watch movies (although she barely watches them) and sleep, all in the same room! Now, there are no more toys scattered around my house and her play room isn't in my kitchen!
I am sure that one day she will appreciate that I gave up my room so she can have the biggest room, but for now, just knowing that she loves me just for being me, is better than anything else in the world!!

No comments: