Saturday, July 10, 2010

Baby Girl Turned One......



I can't believe my baby girl is a year old already! What a fast year it was! A good year though. A year that changed me. Sometimes I still find it hard to believe that I am a Mommy, but I think it's what I was born to be. Up until I had a baby, I found myself wondering what my purpose in life was. And when I looked into her eyes, I knew. If I wasn't good at anything else in life, my purpose in life, was to be a great Mommy! And that, is the best feeling in the world. I couldn't care less that I would never be a doctor or be a lawyer or ever have a real career or even a job that paid me a whole crap load of money. I just cared that I would be the best Mom I knew how. And to me, and to my daughter, that's all that matters!



So, her first birthday was one of those days you wish you could do over. I wish I didn't have her birthday party on her birthday, because I feel like I didn't spend any real time with her. I didn't squeeze her brand new one year old body and kiss her all over like I should have. I spent the day, stressed out, getting ready for a party, being followed around by my boyfriends 2 kids, trying desperately to hold it all together without having a breakdown.
But in the end, everything got done on time and the party was great! Friends and family came to celebrate with us! Alexis was surrounded by all the people in her life that love her, and for that, I couldn't ask for anything more!


Alexis and her Grandparents (my mom and dad)


Present time, was one of those things you have no idea how to go about with a one year old. I wasn't sure if I was to just keep opening presents when she crawled away or not..Or really what to do. But it all worked out.



Halfway through presents, she got cranky. She had had enough of doing the same thing, was getting tired, and probably just started to get overwhelmed with everyone in the room. But we took a minute to get some snuggles in, before starting again!


Cake was another experience that crashed and burned. I was really hoping for the whole cake smeared all over her face and in her hair and just having a real mess. But, she didn't want her cake. She barely even wanted to touch it.


She got lots of presents! So many in fact, that I have no idea what to do with everything that she has now! My house is a toy box...lol

No comments: