Sunday, July 18, 2010

Time with Grampa!

Oh my God, can my child seriously sleep through the night soon? Please? Alexis had such a bad night last night, and when she woke up this morning, it was earlier than it should have been. I was just relieved that today wasn't a work day, and spent the morning in my pj's, drinking really crappy coffee, and trying my hardest to keep a cranky girl occupied before nap time. Eek. By nap time I got another headache, and probably should have taken a nap with her, but I got sucked into a really stupid Family Channel movie! Yep, I've always been a sucker for dumb little girl movies. I guess I just never grew up....

Today we went to hang out with my Dad for a while, while my Mom was at work. I love watching my Dad with Alexis. Just seeing the way they love each other and interact together, just feels incredible. I love every second of it! We spent our time in the garage, which is probably my Dad's favorite place in his house. He went around the garage carrying Alexis in one arm and opening tool boxes with his free hand, showing her all his tools and letting her touch them, and telling her what they were! All she wanted to do, was put everything in her mouth! But it was cute! He always says he can't wait till she's a little bigger and he can teach her how to use all his tools and she can be his little helper, and I'm sure she will love that!

My Mom bought my Dad a new tractor the other day, and of course, my Dad had to show Alexis! And let me tell you how proud he looked when he set her in the seat and she touched the steering wheel! The smile on his face was full of love for my little girl, and it just gets me every time!!

See the smile on his face when he looks at her! I love it!



Tomorrow is another day of work for me. Another day of leaving my baby girl, missing some smiles and giggles and snuggles and kisses, just to stand on my feet, serve assholes their damn coffee in really uncomfortable shoes for 8 hours.
Another day, another dollar right? Boooo. Mommy's should get Maternity Leave till their baby goes to school.

Spaghetti anyone?!



My landlord called me tonight to tell me that she has another place available. They own quite a few houses in Trenton and just bought this place not too long ago. They knew that I was looking for a 3 bedroom place so that Alexis could have her own room, and this place they are offering to us is a 3 bedroom, and it's a whole house...with a small backyard. And they are willing to rent it to us at the same amount that we pay where we are now. So, we'd be upgrading, which is what I wanted, and staying at the same cost, which seems like such a great deal to me. I thought for sure that Matt wouldn't go for it, because he really wants to downgrade his expenses, but he said we are going to look at the place on Wednesday.

It's hard for me to think about moving. I love where I live. I love this house. I remember the first time I walked into this place, and the second I saw it, I knew it was home. I had to live here, and I have felt that way since we moved here. It's home. It's where Alexis has lived her first year of her life. Where she learned how to go up and down (as of today!) or 2 steps from our tv room to our bedroom, where she learned how to crawl, and so on and so on! It is a 10 minute walk to my parents house, which I LOVE more than anything because I LOVE to see them whenever I feel like it. It's a 10 minute walk to work and a 5 minute walk to downtown. Everything about this place, I love SO SO much, and now that Alexis has a giant room, it doesn't even seem like she has to share a room with the boys, and I love it. So, why move? It's far from work, from downtown and even farther to my parents house. I guess we'll have to see when we go see it on Wednesday if we like it or not.


Till next time...


Xoxo

1 comment:

Kathy1898 said...

Girl, if you love this place so much, why mess with a good thing and move??