Monday, July 12, 2010

We Live in a Toy Box!

Today was definitely not as fun filled as I planned. I forgot about the little fact that my house doesn't clean itself. I don't have fairies that come in and clean when we are sleeping. How unfortunate. I suppose in another life...I wish.

Today I realized I have very little time left before entering the work world, which meant that someone new would be entering my home to spend her days with my little love. And well...I don't think she would like to be here and step around an insane amount of random toys everywhere or look at the crumbs on my counter or find all the clean dishes in the dishwasher. So, I did an insane clean up.
Usually when Alexis has her afternoon nap, I like to sit for a while. Take a time-out. Watch a little crap on day time tv. Lounge. But today, I took advantage of my little sleepy head, and cleaned the crap out of the kitchen. Cleaned the tv room, tidied up all the toys.

Oh toys. The amount of toys that I picked up today. Old toys. New toys. Toys that aren't even Alexis'. They were everywhere. The joys of Birthday parties. The amount of new toys she got...she has too many. I tried going through her toy box to see what I could get rid of, but she is still a baby and still plays with all those baby things. So, I said screw it. At Christmas, I will get rid of that crap!

I did however, go through the boys' toy box and got rid of everything broken. Seems like I do this quite often. They are rough with pretty much everything, and I am sure, more than half of their toys are broken. There were odd pieces of things just sitting in a mess at the bottom of their toy box. And what's the point?

Anyways...I can't believe how hard it is to clean up toys when your 1 year old is awake! Oh my Goodness! She followed me around her room as I cleaned and tidied and put things away, and she just wanted EVERYTHING that I put my hands on, and BOOM! Mess again in an instant! I found a good routine with it though. I'd go to put something away, she'd come over and we'd play together with it for a bit, and when she decided to go onto the next toy, I'd secretly clean it up behind her back, and we just did that till the room was...tidy...if you want to call it that. She has so much stuff, it just looks like a cluttered mess. It's just not good. But we'll figure it all out.

Yesterday, Alexis and I went to our friend Steph's daughter, Zaphyn's 2nd Birthday Party! I can't believe the difference between a one year old and a two year old. And it only made me realize how much Alexis is going to change in the next year.


Alexis and Zaphyn


Happy Birthday!



And of course, my little love, getting a bounce on the trampoline too!


And, I will leave you tonight, with a cute picture!

Cheerios anyone?!

Goodnite!!

1 comment:

Kathy1898 said...

I LOVED this hun...the toys are insane, and it doesnt stop. Your a great mamma