Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Why We Love Alisha

I spent my day off packing again. My friend Alisha came over to give me a hand and I hope she knows how much I appreciate it! She is one of those friends you have no idea what you would do without, and I am so lucky to have her in my life! And so is Alexis! She has helped me SO much with Alexis since the day she was born and was there for me through the whole year, and the love she has for my little love is like she is her own, and I love her for that!


Alisha was there when I gave birth!



2 months old!



5 months old!



10 months old!



and this was yesterday! They`re having a tea party!


And I know that there will be SO many more great memories with her! Alexis is such a lucky little girl to have Alisha around! They have so much fun together already, I can`t even imagine the stuff Alexis is going to learn from and do with her!
Anyways...so thanx Alisha, for EVERYTHING!! =) xoxoxo

****************************************************************************



Although I spent most of the day packing, like I have the last few days, I always make sure to make time for baby girl! Today we played in my bed for a while! Airplane rides and kisses and tickles! Oh, the tickles! Lots of tickles and so many laughs!



I could live off the sound of her laugh, I love it so much!

The last few days, since I`ve been so busy packing, I have realized just how independent Alexis is. She has been able to entertain herself for a lot of the time, and always lets me know when she is done doing her own thing and wants me to play with her. I watched her today, from a distance, pretending to pack, just crawl around the house, find all her random toys sprawled out on the kitchen floor, open books and talk to herself as if she`s reading them, climb into her balls and throw them around, look out the window in the tv room, try to climb onto the couch...etc. I`m happy that she is able to entertain herself so well, for such a great amount of time, although it kind of makes me miss the days when she was small and always needed me, but this is all just part of growing up, and every kid needs their own space and independence.

Alexis finally drinks water. It`s one of those things that I have been trying to a long time, and it just never happened, and then all of a sudden, she will drink it no problem! She is really picky! She still wont drink juice. I have tried apple juice over and over again, and she just hates the stuff...hopefully soon though!
AND she finally understands a sippy cup! That one took a while too, although I know she still prefers her bottle, but one day soon, she`ll get used to it too.



Nite nite!! xoxo

No comments: