Sunday, July 11, 2010

Soon to be a Working Mom...

3 more short days. It's all I have left with my baby girl before things change. Before I am forced to go back into the working world. I wish I had the choice to be a stay-at-home Mommy. To never miss a second without her. To never miss anything new she's going do. I envy all Mommy's who have a choice and are able to stay at home with their kidlets for as long as they like.
I am worried that I am going to miss her first steps. Ya know, the one's without her walker. I am worried I am going to miss her say her first words, although she has said puppy and bunny and ducka (for ducky), but you know what I mean. I am going to miss all her laughs and all her smiles and all her tears, and all the minutes I am away from her, I am going to be wishing I was with her.



I'm the kind of Mommy that hates missing even one little smile. Sometimes when we go for walks and she starts laughing at some random thing, I have to stop walking, go in front of the stroller and look at her, just to see her amazing little toothless grin! Maybe I am just crazy. I just don't like to miss a thing.

For some stupid reason, thinking about going back to work, makes me feel like I am leaving forever and never coming back. 3 or 4 days a week at work, 8 hours a day, and coming home to the time of day, Alexis is at her crankiest. I feel like I wont be the Mommy that she knows now. She knows her Mommy is there every second with her. And now that I am going to be gone, and leaving her....just breaks my heart, and I'm sure in way, it'll break hers. But I'm sure, with time, that she will get used to it. I just don't think I will.

Me and her...we've been best buddies from the start!

(4 days old)

when she cried, I cried...isn't that what best buddies do?

(1 months old)

and we will always love love love kisses!!

(11 months old)

Anyways...So, I'm thinking the next few days, our last few days of freedom, is going to be fun filled! I'm thinking the park, because she LOVES swinging on the swings! Going to 2nd hand stores and rummaging through all the clothes that we can get for cheap! Probably go swimming in her new awesome pool! Spending some time with friends..Maybe Maryanne and her girls, and maybe Alisha. I know, our fun kind of seems lame. But it's what we do, and we love it! And of course, we wont forget to snuggle and kiss and love, but that's an every day event no matter what! Because loving and snuggling is the best!!

No comments: