Thursday, August 12, 2010

Together at Sunset



The good thing about living next door to a school, is the fact that we have a huge open field and some trees right beside us. Last night after supper, Alexis and I went and spent some time together under the trees in the big open field, just the two of us! Because I felt like I haven't spent a lot of time with her, or taken her out anywhere lately, I felt like it was needed for us. To just soak each other in, to soak the rays of the sunset in and just melt in the love and the happiness we share when we are together, and that is what we did!



We spun in circles for a while, because she loves spinning! She laughed and laughed and I laughed because she was laughing, and it was perfect. Nothing else in the world mattered, but our spinning and our laughing, and our just being together and loving going round and round in circles over and over again. By the end, we were both dizzy, and my cheeks hurt from smiling! I love that feeling!



We spent a good two hours there, as I watched her crawl around the grass, explore, find some dirt, that yes, I actually let her play in, and get super dirty for the first time ever.



And my girl loved every minute of it! There's just something so freeing about getting your hands dirty when you're a kid, and she definitely felt it, as she dug her way to China for the first time! She dug and dug and dug for quite a long time, looking at her dirty hands with confusion, interest and pure enjoyment in her eyes.
And she laughed hysterically when she threw the dirt in the air and saw it go flying!



Alexis loves to play peek-a-boo! No matter what she is doing, if she catches me looking at her, she finds something to hide behind and peeks out from behind it, and when I say peek-a-boo, she laughs, and hides again and does it over and over again, and just thinks it's the greatest thing ever! When she found a tree and decided she was going to play peek-a-boo, I just couldn't get enough of it!





It was such a nice evening just to be with her! I think I'll start doing that more often, before the summer is over and we're stuck inside because of cold weather. I'm glad I made the time to take her out. I've been so busy with moving that I haven't done anything fun with her in so long. I feel bad. But sometimes ya just gotta put the less important things aside, no matter how badly they need to get done, and just spend some perfect Mommy/Daughter time together, right before bedtime!

Today when I came home from work, I finished getting Alexis' room together. It's definitely something that needed to be done, otherwise she would have been sleeping in her playpen in my bedroom forever. It isn't completely finished. It's really in the works, but it's getting there. Still nothing on the walls yet, but there will be soon, I hope. Until then, pink walls, and still kind of a mess. But, getting there! Everything takes time, ya just gotta be patient!



I suppose it's bedtime for me! Another day of work tomorrow, and mornings always seem to come faster than I ever want them to.


Xoxo

No comments: