Saturday, August 7, 2010

New House, Old House

The house is still a mess, things still in boxes, Alexis is sleeping, and I still can't get going on this unpacking thing. I tried. I unpacked all my movies and put them onto the shelf where they belong. I tried. I put Alexis' toys that were all over the living room floor into the box that Alexis picked them out of all day today. I tried. But I didn't really succeed. Bleh. Today is a day I wish I had magic fairies that just appeared in your house to clean up for you, to put everything in a place where it looks good. Wish I could just snap my fingers and it would be done. If I could do that, I'd snap my fingers so Alexis would feel better and I could get a decent amount of sleep.
But...the house is still a mess, and it really doesn't look like it changed much from this morning. Yucky.

I will admit, I miss my old house. A LOT. I didn't mind having to go up 15 stairs from my front door. I miss that Alexis had a giant room, despite that my computer was in there, and I had to be super quiet after she went to bed, just to be on facebook or talk on MSN. I miss my oversized kitchen with no kitchen table, and the really really old dishwasher. I miss the bathtub that was really only ever used by Alexis, and if I felt like leaving her toys in there, it was okay because it was hers, and only hers.

I'm not going to say that I hate this new house....

Or the fact that the living room has crappy brown paneling walls...

Or the fact that my stove is ancient....

And the curtains in my bedroom are so horrible and ugly that even my Grandma wouldn't have them in her house...I don't even have a picture of them, they are so ugly, and old. Ew.

But Alexis has her own room, which is really all I cared about from the beginning. I didn't want her to share a room with boys that would just break all her toys and whatever. And when we moved in, both of the kids rooms were the nastiest colors EVER.

The boys room stayed those colors, but Alexis' room is now PINK!!! My Dad painted it the day before we moved in, and I love it! I haven't decided what else I am going to do to her walls, but the pink is SO pink, I need to do something to accent it, or something. But for now...it's just pink! But it's a million times better than shrek green. Ew. THANK YOU DADDY!!! I LOOOOVE YOU!!!

We tried to make the best of our last few days in our old house though, and spent as much time as possible having fun!!




Snuggling her Dolly


"Playing" the drums


And of course, can't forget the after-nap hair-do!



She also got a couple days with her bestest buddy Braelyn!! They just love playing together! It's so cute to watch them!


Give my girl a chair, and she will be happy for days (seriously)!! Alexis played in her car seat pretty much all week long! I'm not sure what is so fascinating about chairs, but Alexis is just in love with them! haha!


We spent almost an entire day over at my old house, finishing the last of the clean ups and getting the last of the stuff. It was a pretty boring day for Alexis and Hughie (one of Matt's kids), but I tried to make the best of it for them as I could. With not many toys left, there's very little to occupy a 3 year old and a 1 year old for 5 hours. Eek. But, put 2 mirrors on the floor and they're good for a while!!




Well, tomorrow is going to be another long day of unpacking...which I HAVE to do, because I work 4 days next week, and I have to have my house a little presentable for Emily when she comes on Monday....so, I will leave you with one of my fave pictures of the week!!



Xoxo

No comments: