Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sleepless Nights

It was another long day in our life. Mostly because last night sucked. Alexis woke up around midnight and cried and cried and cried for 3 hours. Nothing made her happy. Despite my disapproval of co-sleeping, I tried to sleep her in bed with me, just to see if it would make her go to sleep. But, despite it not working, I was happy she wasn't up for that. She did stop crying for a little while at first though, and just looked around the room, pointed at stuff and said her usual "de", as she always does when she points at things, looked at me, smiled for a moment, rolled around the bed, sat up, bounced for a minute and then, more tears. Oh, the tears. She was just not a happy camper. The poor girl. I felt bad that I had no idea what to do to make her happy and go back to sleep. She eventually did go back to sleep, but it was a very very long night, and morning came fast.

I've been working my butt off all day to try to get things done around my house, get it unpacked and whatever, so that the babysitter wouldn't have to step around random boxes all day tomorrow. It's looking better than it did this morning, and I can actually say it's almost done. There's only about 8 more boxes that I need to go through in the living room and it should be done.

I don't ever remember moving being this difficult before. I guess it's because I've never had a baby while moving, and it really does make so much more of a difference than I ever thought it would. I'm sure when it's all done and everything is in it's place, it will all feel right. Until then though, I will feel uneasy about it all. Alexis' room is getting there though....it's just taking me a long time. I miss her old room.




don't mind the mess!!!


Yesterday Alexis turned 13 months old! Hard to believe it's already been a month since she had her first birthday! And with 13 months old, came a new tooth! And today, another one! The poor girl is having such a rough time with being sick, she's also getting teeth at the same time. I can't even imagine how crappy she is feeling. She now has 5 teeth! Her two bottom front ones, left eye tooth, now the right one and today, finally, her left front one. My baby girl is growing up! Hard to believe some kids at this age have a whole grill in their mouth!



Tonight Alexis decided she wanted to stay up late. I'm usually pretty strict on the whole bedtime thing, and she has went to bed almost every night of her life between 7:30 and 8pm, other than those nights she REALLY doesn't want to go to sleep, and stays up till 10pm. I find that I always end up really enjoying our time together when she stays up late. Maybe because it's a rare thing...I don't know.
Tonight I just spun her around in my computer chair, listening to her laugh for about 45 minutes! I know it doesn't sound like the funnest thing in the world, but she loved it, and I love making her smile...and smile, she did!




Xoxo

2 comments:

Kathy1898 said...

Moving is hard dude, ESPECIALLY with a kid. I think you need some help though...it's super hard to do by yourself.

You are doing great.

Amanda said...

I second Kathy...it's SO tough! But it WILL get done and you'll feel super proud of what you have accomplished :) I like the pink :)