Sunday, August 15, 2010

Almost All Moved In!

Today was one of those days, I stayed in my jammies, didn't shower and only changed pj's when it was time to do laundry. I managed to get a lot of stuff done today. Alexis was in bed for what felt like 4 hours, because it took her a really long time to finally go to sleep. She talked to herself for a while, cried, talked, cried and then finally decided she would go to sleep. She is still not feeling good either. I'm unsure as to what the problem is now, because she seems to be putting her hands on her ears a lot, as if she doesn't want to listen to me, but I'm not sure what it really is. I hope it's not an ear infection or something like that. Bleh.

My Dad came over this morning and finished hanging stuff on Alexis' wall for me. Yeah, I know, I should just do it myself, but I like my Dad doing things like that for me, and I'm sure, part of him enjoys doing it for me too. One day though, I'll do it myself. But for now, my Daddy does it!



There's not a lot of room in her room, so I have to work with what we have. It sucks when you want to give them everything and all you have is this little crappy room, with not enough room in her closet for all her stuff and not enough room in her room for all her toys. I actually had to bag up some of her toys that I said I would do at Christmas, and decided it's time to give some to the Salvation Army. I only filled 3 grocery bags, but it's a start, right?



So, I finished Alexis' room. It was easier to get rid of boxes in her closet when I had shelves to put stuff on, and I am happy that it is all done now! And she just loves it too! When I pick her up and she looks around the room, there's so much to look at, she doesn't know what to point at first! Her little arm just shoots out, with her little pointer finger pointing at everything, and her little voice goes "Da!" to everything she points at. One day that "Da!" will be a real word. One day!

After Alexis went to bed tonight, I decided it was time to go through those last 6 boxes I had sitting in the corner of the living room, and I emptied 5, putting pictures on shelves and what-not. Glad it's almost finished now, and soon, maybe, I will feel at home. Although, I honestly don't think I'll ever feel like I'm "home" here. I still wish I lived in my old place, but I'll give it a few more weeks and hope that my thoughts change....I just don't think they will.


Alexis' after-nap hair-do today! She seems quite happy with it!


This week is going to be quite a busy one. Matt comes home from work tonight in the middle of the night, and he'll be home all week. I work 4 days this week, and Matt's boys will be here from Wednesday to Saturday. I'm thinking I might go to the Early Years Center in Belleville with Nicole (Matt's sister) and Braelyn, since we have never went before and have talked about it numerous times. I'm kind of excited!

And on Saturday, it's our annual friend reunion! Well....it's not really going to be a reunion...let me tell you! Barely anyone is going to come this year....oh yay! There's usually a good 10 of us who get together..maybe 8...I dunno. We've been friends since high school. But, this year, only a few of us can make it..Oh well, the people who can come will have a great time....if it doesn't rain anyways! haha! This year we are going to the beach!! I'm excited to see everyone who is able to make it, and excited for Alexis to go to the beach for the first time!!

Anyways, bedtime for me...work in the morning. Lame!
Good night! Xoxo!

1 comment:

Kathy1898 said...

What a productive day hun!!!! You are doing it.

And I was at the early Years centre for Devs first year of life...playgroup every week, well baby weigh ins....met my first friends there when Devyn was 5 weeks. It's amazing...get out and meet people!!!