Thursday, May 24, 2012

Life is Good

Life is Good! Lately it feels like it's been amazing day after amazing day over and over again! :) Plus, the weather has been incredible lately, summer has begun, and adventures are happening quite often! We've been busy lately, going out and doing something new each and every day, and Alexis loves going to bed now, and when I tell her it's bedtime and she has to sleep allll night, she asks where we are going, because clearly, the answer, always determines if it deserves a whole night sleep without waking for milk or not! And for the most part, sleep has been awesome for her, because my answers for the next day, have clearly been exactly what she's wanted to hear, for full night sleeps! Matt went on vacation for a week and is now working this week, so I got to have my baby for longer than usual lately, which I am so happy about! Alexis has been such an angel since she got home from Matt's the last time she was there, and I never want her to leave again, knowing that possibly when she comes home the next time, he will send back the devil in her like previous times. And, I am not looking forward to being without her for a whole 5 damn days... But, Life is Good! Potty training has been a little tough, but Alexis is finally coming around. A few accidents here and there still, but a lot of it is because she is stubborn and doesn't want to leave what she is doing and fights going to the bathroom. But I'm sure that's how every kid is! And she still wont poop on the potty and just goes in her underwear, but I'm sure she will get to that soon...I hope!
We took a day with many of our friends and went to Presqu'il to the Boardwalk. It was such an awesome day, getting all the kids together and going exploring for an afternoon! The kids had so much fun together, running and throwing rocks in the water at the Lighthouse for hours! It's day like that, that make you sit back and realize just how great life is and how blessed you are to have everything that you have in life....not that days we stay home I don't feel that way, but you know what I mean! It was just friends, sunshine, and the smiles on our kids faces!
There's nothing better in the world than seeing your baby have fun with other kids, no matter how old they are, they all somehow still love being around each other!
I can tell already, that this summer is just going to be amazing! Fun things on the agenda all the time, play dates, the park, the beach...you name it, we'll do it, as long as it's in a range I can afford! But fun doesn't always cost money! I'm so excited for this whole summer! Alexis loves hanging out with Chloe and her Daddy Shane, more than anything else in the world! I love that she has a bestest friend, where as soon as I mention her name, Alexis is all smiles and excited to go be with her! We went for a short walk through Hannah Park one night. It didn't last long, because the bugs were bad, but the girls still had fun!
One evening, Shane and I decided to take the girls to the beach for the first time this year! We thought we'd go take a walk along the beach with our feet in the water, but little girls just love to dive right in the water with their clothes on! And hey, why not?! We just weren't prepared for it haha! Definitely should have just taken their bathing suits...but running through water in your clothes is just as fun! haha
The beach was so beautiful that night! The water was so calm and the breeze was just right, and it was just magical. We could have stayed there all night!
Alexis got to experience The Big Apple! And although for most of the time we were there, she was pretty cranky and didn't want to co-operate with me, and I fell and rolled my ankle (or at least I think that's what I did to it), it still turned out to be an alright day, even though by the end of it, I could barely walk! But the Girls loved going in the apple and running around on the Mini-Putt course and seeing the Llamas, even though they were sleeping the whole time! I'm still happy Alexis got to go there and see it!
The end of the long weekend, we decided to take the girls back to the beach, this time with bathing suits and with Maryanne and her girls! The more the merrier, right? And boy, was it a fun one! Watching all the girls play together, is so much fun! How they all somehow come together every once in a while and build castles or pretend to make hot chocolate and pies! It was so hot that day. I got the worst sunburn I think I've ever had in my life, and swear to never go in the sun again without sunscreen! I'm still feeling the burn :( But how much the girls had fun that day, is all worth the stupid burn.
Well, I spose that's it for tonight. Work tomorrow. Bedtime for me. :) More awesome adventures to come!!! xoxo

No comments: