Saturday, April 14, 2012

Easter

Easter was a blast this year for Alexis! I love that she is getting old to enough to understand the fun holidays such as easter and the joys of hunting for easter eggs, although not quite old enough to understand and be excited the night before that a holiday is the next day!

She had So much fun looking for easter eggs and putting them into her bunny basket that Gramma had given to her! She was so excited every time she found an egg! The smile on her face was just priceless! Best feeling in the entire world! And although being a parent on a regular basis is worth it, holidays always put the cherry on the top!




As much fun as it was for Alexis, as her Mommy, I had just as much fun watching her look and find things! She was on a mission and nothing was stopping her! And as proud of herself as she was for finding each and every egg, I was just as proud of her!


The Easter Bunny brought her new paint, bubbles, play-doh and some m&m's and candy! I think the Easter Bunny knew she wasn't much for candy and chocolate, but she loved opening every single egg and finding more candy! Every egg she opened, she said "Oooohhhh, more candy!" and loved finding some bouncy balls and some easter magnets for the fridge in some of them! He also brought her some water wings and a ring for the pool for the summer!




Before going to our Easter Dinner at Uncle Andrew's, Gramma and Grampa came over to see all of Alexis' new stuff and to bring her an Easter present! When I told her they were coming over to bring her a present, she said "But the Christmas Tree isn't up!" So cute! She assumes presents are just for Christmas time!
She enjoyed opening her present from Gramma and Grampa, although it was just a huge bag of clothes for the summer and some chocolate and some art stuff!

Uncle Andrew and his girlfriend Hilary hid some chocolate for Alexis at his house, and she had so much fun hunting for them there also!





On Easter Eve, Alexis and I went to Shane and Chloe's house to decorate Easter Eggs! It was the first time Alexis got to do this, and the girls had a blast dipping their eggs in colored water and then decorating them with stickers and coloring on them with markers! Definitely a fun time for them!



And they turned out beautifully!




Alexis is coming home tonight, despite the wishes of Matt's girlfriend Alex. And yes, I understand she is just trying to be nice so I can recover, but I miss my baby so so so much and I know she'd rather be here with me too. I am so excited to see her! I can not wait!

No comments: