Monday, March 21, 2011

Outside Fun!



My girls words are just a flyin' out of her mouth these days! I love hearing her copy all the words I say to her. They may not be the correct saying, but they're a work in progress and she is trying her hardest! Her favorite word right now is Mommy, and walks around the house saying it. When she sees a picture of me, she says Mommy, she points at me and says Mommy! Ah, I love it! That was one word she just never said a baby. No Mama, ever, came out of her little mouth, and now, she's all about Mommy!



This week has been a fun one, finally! The weather is starting to get nicer, and we've been able to play outside more, and Alexis just loves it! She is going to be super happy this summer, being outside all the time, and hopefully sleep better because of it!


We went out for dinner for my brother's birthday, and it was awesome seeing her uncle taking a love for her. He's not really into babies, so now that she is a little older and able to do more fun stuff, he just loves her, and it's nice to see him with her. She just loves Andrew and Tanya, and I'm glad they are in her life!


Taking a walk with Aunt Tanya!


With Grampa and Uncle Andrew


I love days we can play outside, although living on a busy street and no yard to play in, with a little girl that doesn't understand that walking near the road can get her killed and a mind of her own, can make taking a walk difficult. But for now, it's what we deal with, and maybe one day, things will change and we can have a back yard and stuff. Who knows what can happen?!


No snowpants for the first time this year!




Yesterday we finally got to go to Tracy's (Matt's sister) to see her baby for the first time. He is already 4 months old, and it's crazy to think that it took that long for us to go visit. He is so cute!

Meet William, Alexis' cousin!


While we were there, I took Alexis outside to run around for a while. They live in the middle of nowhere and have a huge yard, something, obviously, I wish I could have! haha! And she just absolutely loved her freedom!


Running around outside is favorite thing ever!


When we got home from Tracy's, Jesse and I took Alexis to the park for the first time this year! The park we took her to, was all fenced in and she was able to just run around free, chase birds and just be a little girl with an insane amount of freedom! And it was definitely fun to watch! I loved every second of it, and so did she!



Chasing the seagull! Her first bird chase!



She loved the swings, but not as much as last year. She wanted more, to just run around, than to be stuck in the swing!


I'm sure you noticed the name Jesse tucked in there somewhere, and as much as this blog is about Alexis, I thought it would be okay to mention him now. Jesse is the guy that I have been "seeing" for a month now. Not a long time, no. But he means a lot to me already. And some people may frown upon the thought of him meeting my daughter already, and I was unsure of what I wanted to do about that, but I figured, he wasn't just going to be dating me to be with me, he would be dating me, as a parent. I am a package deal, and I thought that he couldn't like me as me, unless he saw me as a Mother first, because that's what I am.
And in my favor, the two clicked instantly. Alexis just loves him, and he loves her. She wasn't shy around him at all. She quickly took to liking him and showing off in front of him and they laugh together, and it is quite a sight to see.
So, happiness all around, for the three of us! And I'm sure there will be a bright future for us! We are still just hanging out, but we are serious about each other and for the first time in a long time, I am really excited about someone and being with him, and for once, I can honestly say, I have a good feeling about life and where we are headed. =)

Xoxo

No comments: