Monday, September 6, 2010

Playland

The long weekend has come to a close. And to me...what weekend...Every day is the same, day in, and day out. I dont really care what day of the week it is...although that will change soon, only because the good tv shows start! Anyways, so it is officially September, and I cant tell you just how lame that is. Bleh. Im hoping for some more hot days to come our way, because this cold spell and rain has just been depressing.

I worked my first weekend this weekend, while Matt stayed home with Alexis and the boys. I hate that I am going to have to get used to the fact that someone new again is watching my baby. There were a lot of things I disliked about Emily babysitting and the things I knew she would do that were just stupid, and even after saying something, the stupid things would continue to happen, but she is gone now. The crappy thing about Matt watching Alexis is that he is Daddy and whether I like him doing something with Alexis, like how he likes to give her chips, even though he KNOWS I dont want him to...he says hes her Daddy and he can do what he wants, pretty much. Ughhhhh. I could go on...but I wont. Just sucks. I like things done my way, when it comes to her. She is my life. My pride and joy. I have done 99.9% of things for her since the day she was born and for 9 months before that. I should have 100% decision making when it comes to her. But..I guess not when Im not here.....Grr.

Anyways...........

So it hasnt exactly been the most eventful week to write about. Alexis and I have pretty much stayed in the whole time. Other than Friday, which felt like the hottest day ever, to meet my Mom for coffee. Alexis was having an off day. Probably because of the heat. I had wanted to go shopping for 2 of my friends who are having babies in October, and just when I settled in on looking for things, it was the end of it, and we went home.

We went to McDonalds with Nicole and her sister-in-law and the kids and they all played in the playland. It was my baby girls first time playing in there, and Braelyns too, and they both just loved it! We were lucky there werent any other kids in there that day!



dont you just LOVE those pigtails!!!


They played in the playland for a good hour, Alexis climbing up and down the tunnels, slowly, going through mesh, and she just loved every minute of it!!



After McDonalds, we went out to Nicoles to hang out and go feed some horses some apples. The last time I took Alexis to see the horses, she was 11 months old. At that age, she didnt care one bit for a horse, so I was kind of anxious to see how her reaction would be this time, being 2 months older. Wow! The difference amazed me! She laughed at them and pointed and laughed some more and was just in her glory looking at these giant creatures.



I tried getting her to pet one, but just like other new things I have tried with her, she wanted nothing to do with it, so of course, she wouldnt touch it. But thats okay. Maybe she will next time!


sorry for the crappy picture...the girl taking it, had no idea how to take a pic....but its proof she almost touched it...lol


The rest of the week was just...blah. Rainy. Cold. Blah. And we stayed in. Hopefully this week is a little more fun and the nice weather comes back. But who knows...

Oh! Before I forget to mention it...Alexis doesnt talk much. She has said a couple words here and there, most never repeated. Such as Puppy, Bunny, Ducky, Baby, all of which she knew what she was talking about. The only one she seems to say almost every day is Ducky. Yesterday when I was feeding her dinner, I asked her if it was tasty and in her cute little 13 month old voice she says tayythtee 3 times copying me!! YAY! And today she pointed at the light when she got up from her nap, and says ite! My girl is finally starting to talk, little by little, and I cant be more proud of her!!!

I gotta go to bed, so here are a few pics from this week!






Xoxo

1 comment:

Kathy1898 said...

Wow I didn't know what happened with Emily. As for Matt doing what HE wants on HIS time, that's pure laziness. He obviously just wants to do what's easiest for him and that's it. But then again he is the one watching her.

Talking will come. Every babe is different you just have to make sure you say words a LOT and slowly.